Since 1957 Griffin Optometric Group has been committed to the vision and eye health of our patients.
The below timeline presents key milestones in the history of our longstanding, locally based and family-owned optometric practice, first established by Dr. Ted Griffin 60 years ago. Dr. Griffin's goal was to build a progressive, forward-thinking, and patient-oriented practice based on a foundation of excellence and community involvement. We hold these values at the core of our business, where they continue to inspire our staff to provide exceptional service on a daily basis that is second to none.
Dr. Ted Griffin moved his family from Memphis Tennessee and opened his San Clemente office on El Camino Real.
Dr. Ted Griffin moved his office from El Camino Real to 224 Del Mar in San Clemente.
Dr. Powers Griffin graduated from Optometry school and joined his dad in practice.
Dr. Powers and Dr. Ted opened their second office in Laguna Niguel on Town Center Drive.
Dr. Randy Griffin graduated from Optometry school and joined the growing practice.
Dr. Patrick Griffin graduated from Optometry school and joined the practice, making this one of the few "father and three sons" Optometric practices in the country.
The Downtown San Clemente office was moved to our current location at 140 Avenida Del Mar.
Dr. Ted Griffin passed away after a short battle with cancer.
Dr. Powers, Dr. Randy, and Dr. Patrick opened their third office in Talega, San Clemente.
Their Laguna Niguel office was moved to a larger office space on Town Center Dr. in Laguna Niguel.
OC Register recognizes Griffin Optometric Group for 50 years of service in South Orange County.
Dr. Lucy DeMoss joined the practice as an Associate Doctor of Optometry.
Dr. Beverly Miller joined the practice as an Associate Doctor of Optometry.
The San Clemente Downtown office remodel was completed.
Griffin Optometric Group celebrates its 60th anniversary, and the Griffins continue to grow their practice based on the focus and standards established by their father.